Shopping for someone that enjoys roller derby can be tough, especially if you yourself don’t play roller derby, you don’t know what equipment they already have and/or you don’t even totally know what roller derby is. (haha, it’s OK we won’t tell) In an effort to make your life easier we have compiled a list of items we recommend if you want a gift that will make them super happy and even if you don’t know what your derby skater needs.
Most of our recommendations are going to be items that everyone goes through, and has to replace or something that is really good to have more than one set of. Even if they just bought a new set of the item last week, never fear they will need to replace those and you will be their favorite person because you gave them it! Without further ado, here are our Christmas gift ideas for your favorite roller derby skater.
1. New toe stops! Want to seem really in the know? Go with the Bionic Bigfoot Toe Stops, they are the newest kind and everyone is wanting to try them. You will come off as a super smart and loving / caring awesome person because you knew the new hot item! And at only $20 it is friendly on the pocketbook. There is no doubt this will make your skater happy, that is why it is number one on our list of Christmas gift ideas for your favorite roller derby skater.
2. Bearings, this is another item that everyone goes through and has to replace. There are some for every budget too! Starting at Bones RollerBones bearings all the way up to Bones Swiss Ceramic bearings. The most popular bearings by far are the China Bones Redz bearings, they come in at the halfway price point of $37.98. If in doubt they are your best bet.
3. Skate tool, that may seem boring at first glance. But they can be a lifesaver on bout day. You have no idea how many times I have heard a skater freaking out because this or that part is loose and they can’t find a tool! Our new exciting tool is the Pig Tool, funny name, serious awesomeness. It covers every little situation you might need it for and at $28.00 it isn’t going to break the bank.
4. Wheels! Wheels can be a little trickier to make sure you get the correct ones, since most skaters have a personal preference on what they skate one. A good “safe” one though would be a hybrid wheel, that can be skated on a lot of different surfaces. The Atom Boom wheels are the new hottest wheel right now, and skate so perfectly on a variety of surfaces. Just make sure you get a set of 8, that is how many you need for a pair of skates.
5. Skate Bag. This isn’t quite as inexpensive as some of the other options, but a really great investment for that roller derby skater in your life. The Atom Trolley skate bag at just a little over $100 is the go to skate bag, it has room for everything, lots of pockets to keep it organized and a detachable backpack for it they don’t need it all together right then.
6. Of course if you truly want to make the dreams of your favorite derby skater come true, we have a great selection of derby roller skates too, but that can be a bit trickier to figure out. We do have it broken down into different sections, even one section that is Rookie Starter Packages if you know someone that wants to start but hasn’t gotten any of their gear yet. If you need help in choosing, always just contact us and we would be happy to help!derby skater you know.
I hope this list makes your Christmas shopping easier when choosing the right gift for a roller derby skater.