The answers seems obvious at first and you’d probably say “I need to look for a colorful and fashionable pair of skates” to kick some butt at roller derby.
While this is a valid answer and we think you should buy skates that match your style, there is much more to consider prior to buying derby skates.
Read over this quick list of questions below and then follow our derby skates road map below! First, ask yourself;
- Will I use my derby skates if I don’t pass tryouts and make the team?
- How much am I willing to invest in a pair of skates at the moment?
- Should I start out on top notch skates or just buy a decent pair for now and make the upgrade later.
- Should I use a high-top boot or a low cut?
- Will I skate mainly outdoors or indoors?
- What’s all the lingo about wheels and which ones should I buy?