Awesome Ideas For Getting Creative With Your Roller Skates
Think outside the skates! This post is written for the roller skate enthusiasts who can’t get enough of the fantastic sport of roller skating. We put our thinking caps on to provide you with some fresh inspiration to use your skates differently. You didn’t know this yet, but your life has been pretty mundane without these roller skating craft ideas!
Please be so kind and use your imagination with us as we don’t have photography to showcase our ideas but believe us when we say they are all pretty awesome.
1. Turn Your Roller Skates into flower vases
Follow these steps to simply turn your stinky old roller skates into fresh, blooming flower vases.
- Choose a boot, or two and loosen up the laces.
- Fill the entire boot up with rich soil and flower fertilizer.
- Plant your seed and watch it grow.
- Skip steps 2 & 3 and use your skate boots as a flower vase without doing the dirty work.
These make for great decorations for roller skating parties and it’s an activity for the whole family!
2. Use roller skate wheels as paper weights
We don’t know what your day job is but if you’re ever frustrated when a nice cool breeze sweeps through your office window and blows your papers off the desk, this ones for you. Take a couple of unused roller skate wheels and wash them thoroughly. Viola, you know have a one of a kind pair of paper weights!
Quick Tip: Keep the bearings in the wheels for a heavier paper weight.
3. Use your roller skate boots as a cup/bottle holder
It’s ironic how most skate boots are the perfect size for holding cans and bottles. Instead of using coasters, you can use skate boots to hold your drinks. Just follow these steps.
- Remove the trucks and plates from the bottom of your skates.
- Super glue the skate to the surface where you’d like to keep your cup holder. First, just try setting it on the table but for more support you should bust out the glue!
- If you don’t have glue you can always drill a few holes through the soles of the skates and bolt them to a surface.
4. Office supplies storage for pencils, pens and stapler
Roller skates make perfect storage containers for all the stuff laying around your desk. Take an entire skate – wheels, bearings, laces and all and prop it up on your desk. Loosen up the tongue of the skate so you can fit more gadgets inside. To prevent the skate from rolling off your desk, place paper clips under the front and back of each wheel.
Quick Tip: To help organize your supplies you can place a couple toilet paper rolls inside and secure them with the laces.
5. Use your skate laces as a belt
This truly pushes fashion to the max! Skate laces are long enough to fit around most waists and they look great with blue jeans. Look no further if you’re aiming for the new hipster look, roller skate lace belts are the style!
6. Create your own roller skates
Save the best for last! We’ve recently posted a great tutorial on the science behind this roller skate craft and you can check it out here.
We hope we’ve inspired you to use your roller skates for things other than roller. Help us grow our list and chime in with your ideas by dropping a comment below.